Nefertiti neck lift
A Nefertiti lift is a cosmetic procedure performed with botulinum toxin injections in the lower part of your face, jaw, and neck, designed to reduce the signs of ageing in those areas.
The procedure’s name refers to the ancient Egyptian queen Nefertiti, known for her elongated, thin neck. The Nefertiti lift targets the platysma band of muscles that run vertically from the bottom of the face to your collarbone.
How does it work?
Using targeted injections of botulinum toxin into specific parts of this muscle band the Nefertiti neck lift works to:
- lessen lines around the bottom part of the face
- smooth dimpled skin on the chin
- erase or reduce folds or sagging in the lower part of the face
- even out the symmetry of the lower face, jaw, and neck
- remove lines on the neck
- create a more pronounced definition of the jaw
A Nefertiti lift is a temporary way to restore a youthful look without surgery.
Is a Nefertiti lift effective?
Several studies show the Nefertiti lift to be an effective, minimally invasive alternative for those wanting to push back or forgo more invasive cosmetic surgery.
Keep in mind that this procedure doesn’t fix signs of ageing permanently. The results of a Nefertiti lift last a few months to half a year.
Who’s a good candidate for a Nefertiti lift?
Anyone unhappy with signs of ageing around the neck can be a candidate for the procedure.
Some groups of people are advised against having the Nefertiti lift. These include those:
- who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- diagnosed with or who have a family history of certain health conditions like myasthenia gravis or Eaton-Lambert syndrome
- with an infection
- taking any medications or drugs that aren’t compatible with botulinum toxin
- with certain psychological conditions
What’s the procedure like?
A Nefertiti lift involves:
- a consultation to discuss your treatment goals
- an examination to evaluate your physical health, your family history, and the requirements of the procedure
- an outpatient session of 15 minutes or more in which we use a small needle to inject botulinum toxin into the muscle band along your lower face, jaw, and neck, about a half inch apart
- depending on your evaluation, you may need more injections on one side to create symmetry.
What’s the recovery like?
- This procedure involves very little recovery. You can leave your appointment and resume daily activities with no downtime
- You may need more than one procedure to achieve your desired results
Are there side effects or precautions to be aware of?
There are some side effects of the Nefertiti lift, similar to other cosmetic procedures involving botulinum toxin. These include:
- bruising or redness at the injection site
- difficulty swallowing
- weakness in your neck
- flu-like symptoms
All of these are temporary. Please don’t hesitate to ask us about these during your consultation.